Thursday, April 28, 2011

A "Royal" Wedding - of sorts

On Saturday the 23rd a gorgeous "royal" wedding took place.  I know that the wedding that comes to mind this week when I say "Royal wedding" is that of Prince William and Kate Middleton.  As popular as their nuptials are, the wedding that I am referring to is that of my best friend, and to me, she is royalty. :)

I had the awesome privilege of standing next to Katie as she and Derek exchanged their vows.  All week long it had looked like rain and even the day of the big event, it looked like at any moment the sky would open and drench us all with the showers that are known to bring us beautiful spring flowers.  Thankfully showers were not meant to be - the sky parted and turned the bluest of blue. :-)  Katie and Derek were able to share their love in front of family and friends standing in front of a beautiful gazebo under the sparkling blue sky.  God is so good!!!

As is the wonderful tradition for wedding photos, I spent most of my day in front of the lens showing off my pearly whites.  However, I was able to sneak away for a little bit and relax behind the lens - my true home. :)

I'm excited to share with you all a few gems from their wedding weekend.  I hope these few shots portray the wonderful weekend that we all experienced with them. :)












Congratulations Katie and Derek! I pray that God will continue to bless you both in this new season of life! Cheers!

-JB

No comments:

Post a Comment