Monday, May 16, 2011

My shutterbug gene...

Have you ever looked at your life and specific interests and wondered "who did I inherit the love for this from?"  For me, I don't have to give any thought at all to the answer.  My Uncle Randy is one of the coolest people I know - and it's possible I think this because I am more like him than anyone else I know. 



Randy is my dad's older brother.  I can remember so many times throughout my childhood when my dad would call me "Randy" because of the ways my actions would resemble him.  I would always giggle and think it was such a fun compliment because Randy has always been one of my favorite people. 

For the last 5 summers, I have been able to visit him and my Aunt Robin at their home in Charleston, SC.  Each year when we (my best friend has gone with me the past 4 summers) have visited, we always have an amazing experience!  Last year he bought us tickets to see Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum (two of my favorite bands)!  We ended up stagefront, and the evening would have been "the event" of the year for my best friend and I, but our boyfriends proposed to us that summer!  But it does say a lot when it takes sparkly diamonds from our loves and planning two big weddings to top an event! 



In addition to so many awesome life experiences, he also shared with me his love for the camera.  He sent my one of my first fancy 35mm's when I was a kid, and I'm sure that he sent the shutterbug gene along with it!  I'm thankful to have an uncle with such talent and awesome taste! 



Have a happy Monday!

-JB

Stay tuned for a feature on Charleston, SC and the amazing concert shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment