Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bound and determined!

Today is the day my hubby and I had been waiting for all winter.  Last summer we had climbed an amazing mountain near where I was living, and we had talked and talked through all of the snowflakes about doing it again.  We both had realized that as the dreary cold months continued on that we felt like we were getting out of shape, but there's nothing like looking at a huge mountain to bring the "health reality check" to life.

I am out of shape.  There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.  I realized it about a fourth of the way up the mountain, and I came back down bound and determined to do something about it.  I need to brainstorm and create a plan of attack.   When I was first out of college, I could run 3 miles no problem.  I was in great shape... and I felt great.  And that is where I am going to be again.  There are many more mountains in my future, and I need to be in great shape to climb them. 

So it's set.  I'm getting in shape!!  Woohoo!

Check back tomorrow to see all of the awesome pictures from today!  It will be an awesome photo story chronicling the adventure! 

As for now, I'm off to watch Country Strong with the hubby!  Have a nice evening!

-JB

1 comment:

  1. You Go Girl! Let me know when your ready and we'll all go do the bike trail in Md. That means I'll ( Tim & your mom also ) will have to get in shape too! Dad

    ReplyDelete