Monday, May 9, 2011

Finding who you are...

Have you ever sat down to reflect on who you are? Thought about what you hope people see when they look at you?  More importantly, have you thought about what you see when YOU look at you?

Lately I've been spending a lot of time thinking about my life... my hopes, my dreams, and the path I hope to take to get there.  Appropriately enough (and quiet innocently) I picked up "Cure for the Common Life" by Max Lucado at a book sale on Saturday.  So far, it has been a really great read!  It has me thinking about the things in life that energize me, the things in life that make me happy, and the unique design of my personality and skill set. 

In thinking about those things, I have really been reflecting on the activities and relationships in my life that keep me in tact - and keep me, "me".  Lucado presents the challenge of discovering how and why you are "always doing the same thing".  We were designed this way for a reason.  I like to think that I am pretty unique!  I hope you are too!

For me, this is my list of the things I am "always doing"
(and because I am me, I am going to post a photo with each of my interests)

"Always"...

Loving people (my husband, my family, my friends)


Creating and designing at every opportunity

Finding beauty in the little things

Being a photographer

Cooking, baking, and concocting new recipes, or

Seeking out new adventures!

I hope you will take some time to think about what makes you unique and beautiful.

What are your "always"??

-JB 

No comments:

Post a Comment