Friday, May 13, 2011

Secrets, Scrapbooks, and Strawberries...

Every now and again, we find something that we love to do.  My most obvious affection is photography, but what some people might not know is that I love, love, love making things with my hands.  Whether it's playing in the dirt to plant flowers, being up to my elbows in raw beef making meatballs, or looking like an ink pad attacked me while I was doing a stamping project, I am energized by creating things.  This isn't much of a secret if you've spent any time with me, but my life dreams are still a secret to most people - and these dreams have to do with my passions.  I will slowly reveal them piece by piece.  I'm a lot like a great novel or a complex puzzle, in that after some time, my secrets will make themselves known.

As for the time being, my next creation is a big endeavor.  I am going to design and create a 40 page wedding scrapbook - which if you have done any scrapbooking you know is a Mt. Everest sort of task.  It's a project that must be thoroughly planned to come out best.  I'm going to share this project with you along the way.  Maybe it will inspire and help you to create your own scrapbook.  Maybe you'll feel overwhelmed.  If that's the case, maybe if you ever want to have a piece like this for your family, you will contact me - because I would love to continue to put my skills to use.  :)

I've been planning for this project for some time.  I began collecting designer paper to use for the pages, and I currently have 23 pages that have created the color palette for the book.  These are the beautiful backgrounds I have chosen for my pages.



There are so many photos that need to be included in this project.  The stack in itself is overwhelming!  I had to divide these into piles so that I would be able to decide which photos should be kept together.




In addition to the beautiful papers, I chose a number of sticker sheets that I felt would fit the overall feel of the scrapbook that I was hoping to create.  My wonderful hubby also surprised me with a number of the sticker sheets.  A well balanced page will have many different elements of design to add texture, pop color, and create emotion.  These are some of the tools I'm planning on using.




After I organized all of my materials, I made some notes of my intentions.



I have always found it helpful to have a plan.  When I was a kid, my dad was famous for saying "Plan your work, and work your plan".  I have no idea who he was quoting, but I will say that's it's great advice.  And just because I have a plan doesn't mean I always stick to it if I think up something better in the process.   The plan simply prepares for the launch, but the project will guide itself throughout the flight. :) 

So you're probably wondering how strawberries come in to this whole thing.  Well, the other day when I was shopping for some design paper, I came across this awesome sheet that is sitting under this bowl of strawberries.  I have no idea what to use it for, so I'd love to hear your thoughts.  :)



Hope your Friday was happy!!

-JB

Currently Reading: "Cure for the Common Life" by Max Lucado
Currently Listening to: "Your Love" by Brandon Heath


No comments:

Post a Comment