Sunday, May 22, 2011

What is it with me and flowers???

Wow... Spring is really flying by.  We are officially less than a month from the start of summer! Yay!

Last summer was completely amazing, and I am so excited to kick off another wonderful season of drive-ins, picnics in the park, and digging my toes in the sand.  I was a "summer baby", so it holds a special place in my heart - plus, who doesn't love ice cream cones, summer nights, and outdoor concerts?

All of the photos in today's blog are throwbacks.  I have a lot of photos from my pre-blogging days that I would love to share, so I intermittently toss them in as a "special".

My hubby is always telling me that it seems like I focus on flowers in my photographs.  Part of the reason is my love for "macro photography".  It seems like the smaller the object is, the easier (and more naturally) the photograph comes to me.  However, I have been working on landscapes and portraits, and I'm getting pretty good at them! :-)

The other part of my love for photographing flowers is due to their extreme natural beauty.  I think that there are so many beautiful things about each of us - no matter how different we all may be.  Flowers are the same way!  My best friend lives in North Carolina, and even though we are not Duke fans (GO UNC!), there is one good reason to visit their campus - the gardens.  Last summer, I visited this paradise for my second time with my boyfriend (who became my fiance on the same trip, and he's now my hubby!).  He's not usually much for flowers, but I think he really enjoyed our time there.  If you ever make it down to the Durham area and have some free time, I hope you'll go check it out!  In the meantime, here are some photos from Duke Gardens to hold you over.  :)







I hope you all have a great start to your week - and make sure you take the time to look for some natural beauty around you!!

-JB

Currently Reading: "Heaven is for Real" - Todd Burpo
Currently Listening to: "This" - Darius Rucker

No comments:

Post a Comment