Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Keep looking up"

Blessings in life come in all shapes and sizes.  Some of them are obvious, while others stop and make you think.  In most cases, you don't see these situations coming - and you don't even realize them while they are in motion.  Instead, you turn to walk away from the stranger that started a conversation with you, and think "ohmygosh, I think I was supposed to learn something from that".

Something just like this happened to me yesterday.  I had gone to an old veterans school to take some pictures.  The school is no longer in use, and it is mostly deserted.  I only saw a few faces during my adventure, but one chose to talk to me.  He was an older gentleman, and I'm not sure where he came walking from because when I got back out to the parking lot, there weren't any extra cars.  He saw that I was taking some photos, and casually asked if I got any good ones and if they would be in a magazine.  If only he knew how much I hope to be printed in a magazine!  We chatted a little more... and he offered me some words of encouragement to keep at it and to "keep looking up".  As we parted ways, he told me he would look for me in the newspaper.  I love how he reaffirmed my goals and gave me such encouraging words.

I'm still smiling thinking about what he said to me.  We always have the opportunity to make another person's day.   I'm excited to share with you some of the photos from yesterday's adventure!  If you think any of them should be a magazine cover, let me know. :-)










A smile is contagious and the smallest comment can mean so much!

I hope you'll smile today!

-JB

No comments:

Post a Comment