Friday, April 15, 2011

Takes my breath away...

I love photography because it allows me to portray feelings in such a deep and profound way - without ever saying a word.  I get really excited when I take a picture that captures my heart, a feeling, or my deepest thought.  On the rare occasion, I get a shot that portrays, or can portray with some editing, everything I think and feel.  When I get a shot that does this, it makes me so so excited, speechless, humble, and ecstatic - all at the same time.

Last night I spent some time working on one of these shots.  When I approached the landscape, before I ever even pulled the camera up to my face, I could see it through the lens.  I could see it on the screen and on the printouts - before I ever even captured it.  I have finally gotten to editing it, and I've already changed and saved it at least 4 times.  Each change I make creates another story, another feeling, another adventure.  And they are all as unique and as captivating as the first.

I'll let you sneak a peek at one of them... what does this one make you feel?


Take time to look at the stars tonight :)

-JB

1 comment: