Monday, April 18, 2011

There certainly is a SPRING in my step...

Spring has finally sprung!!!

Granted, it means more rain that most of us like and the occasional roll of thunder that can cause us to startle when it's unexpected.  It rained a lot yesterday... no, it poured.  And sure enough as I had hoped, the grass is getting greener!

Spring competes with Summer, Fall, and Winter to be my favorite month.  I really do have a tendency of being fickle with my "favorite season".  Maybe the problem is that I'm just really good at seeing all of the awesome parts of each season.  Or maybe I'm just fickle.  :) 

For a while now, Spring has been my favorite.  "A while", as in since last fall.  We were starting to plan our wedding, and I loved the idea of having a wedding during the season that all things new and vibrant begin.  The love of my life agreed with this - even though he was afraid that it would be a cold wedding.  It turned out to be in the 40's that day, and I'm sure if you asked anyone in our wedding party that had to stand outside for all of the pictures, they would tell you that it was a rather cold spring day.

Today, however, was a bit warmer.  I could happily wear flip flops and leave my fleece in the closet.

These are just a few of the treasures I captured on my Sunday afternoon stroll.  I love all three of these... and I hope you do too.  :-)

 I enjoy any chance to capture some blooming blossoms on a tree.  These were gorgeous... I wish this tree was right outside of my window. :)


Believe it or not, this white flower was a tiny wind blown bloom that was just lying in the grass.  I'm so happy I stopped to take a look... it is so beautiful and intricate!

I caught this tulip in the process of blooming.  I can't wait to see these vibrant petals come to life!

Take time to stop and smell whatever incredible flowers you pass by.  I bet you'll be glad you did. :)

-JB

PS - I'd be glad to hear what you think of the photos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment