Monday, May 2, 2011

Bed and Breakfast Bliss - A stay at Wayside Inn

I love the TV show "Everybody Loves Raymond".  I'm not sure if you've ever seen the episode where Ray and Debra go away for a romantic weekend at a bed and breakfast, but let me tell you, it is more of a nightmare than sweet dreams.  There's a certain stigma about B&B's, and given the episode from "Raymond", it's really no wonder why.

My experience however, was VERY different.  My husband and I stayed at the lovely Wayside Inn located in Ellicott City, MD last month.  The experience we had was breathtaking, instead of burdensome.  Honestly, neither of us had ever stayed in a B&B.  I think he was a bit nervous because he is more of the quiet type. His parents must have instilled in him the concept of not talking to strangers at a young age.  I, on the other hand, never learned to heed the warnings of strangers from my parents and will talk to almost anyone. 

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a cheerful host and a beautiful bouquet of fresh red roses in our suite.  The roses were their gift to us as honeymooners!  How sweet!!  Once left in our room, we had just about any TV channel you could ever imagine, a large jacuzzi tub (yes - a bathroom in our own room!), and the softest sheets I have ever touched!!!  Everything about the house was so clean that I'm sure it would have passed the white glove test with flying colors.  The dining rooms were set up in such a way that you could dine alone or with others... we of course chose a quiet table to ourselves and then enjoyed one of the finest breakfasts that we have ever eaten. 

Our stay was a dream!  I took a few photos that I will of course share with you all.  If you ever get the chance to get away and stay near Baltimore in Ellicott City, I do hope that you will be guests of the wonderful hosts at the Wayside B&B.  What can I say, our stay made me a believer in bed and breakfasts!





Have a Happy Monday!!!

-JB

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your review of the Wayside Inn, and excited you got to go through Groupon. I'm there several times a year and will be again in early June - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete