Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dodging raindrops... and other adventures :)

Spring has sprung, and it has been raining a lot!  Thankfully the grass is a beautiful shade of dark green, and I've really been able to capture the essence of the season in a lot of my photos lately.  All of these photos have stirred up within me the desire to find out if I have a green thumb.  Up until this point, all of my plants have been self-sustaining - meaning they are plastic.  They don't depend on me in any way, and I'm not going to lie, I didn't mind that they were so low maintenance. 

About three weeks ago, I got a callalily as a gift... and it is THRIVING!  So I must be doing something right.  Since this venture appears to be going well, yesterday I ventured out to the store and bought some gardening essentials and a variety of vibrant little flowers.  I planted them before the night's rain - which was great because I didn't have to water them!  Tomorrow I'm going to plan some cornflower seeds that my best friend gave as part of her wedding favor.  I'll be sure to share some pictures from this new adventure... I'm excited to see what blossoms!!!

My best friend's parents both have very green thumbs!  Their property is beautifully landscaped, and I hope that someday I am half as successful as a gardener as they are!  I took a few shots while I was visiting the other day... I hope you enjoy!


Hope everyone had a great Wednesday!!

-JB

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jess!! Looking good! I'm glad you got a good picture of Pickles even though she kept running away. :-) Derek planted our cornflower seeds and they're growing already! He has a green thumb too I guess. hehehe

    ReplyDelete