Friday, May 6, 2011

A song and a story...

Scrapbooking photos and making biscotti,
HGTV and  hot cups of coffee,
Taking new pictures and wearing my rings,
"These are a few of my favorite things".


Today was a great day... Happy Friday! 


I spent most of my day in the kitchen.  Today I made some Lazy Mans Pigs in a Blanket, which is a variation of stuffed cabbage. Today I did something pretty crazy - I cooked the cabbage in my Wok.  Truth is a couple months ago my hubby and I took a trip to IKEA, and we bought a Wok for 5 dollars.  I love cooking in it, and it is pretty versatile! 
Here it is filled with cabbage!


Keeping with my Italian theme, I also made 2 batches of biscotti today.  Biscotti is fun to make, even though it's really time consuming because it is twice baked.  I made the biscotti for my grandma as a Mother's Day gift.  She raves about them, and they are such a great gift for her because it seems like she has everything she wants so it's hard to buy her gifts.  I always recommend giving homemade gifts!  The first batch I made were Cappuccino Biscotti and the second were Chocolate Almond.  Check out the recipes if you have some time and are up for the challenge!



As I was cooking, I combined my loves and got a few shots.  Biscotti is great with a nice hot cup of coffee!!  I hope my photos will inspire you to try making some, or if you're not a baker, the next time you see them at the coffee shop, give them a try!  I wish there was a way to let you taste them through the blog... because they are awesome!!

Have a great weekend!!

-JB

No comments:

Post a Comment