Tuesday, May 17, 2011

To Charleston, With Love

If you like to travel, I'm sure you've found a spot that you call your home away from home.  It's that place that has "your" beach, "your" favorite diner, or "your" favorite spot.  Charleston, SC has all of this (and more) for me.  Oh, and I get annoyed when the tourists don't know where they're going - because I certainly don't consider myself one. 



I live in the north, was born in the north, and I don't have a Southern accent, but in a lot of ways, I wish I was a real Carolina girl.  Someday down the road, I could see the hubby and I packing up and making a permanent resident in the Palmetto State.  For now, I'll settle for having a "Southern State of Mind" (Darius Rucker reference). 


my dream beach house.


on the isle of the palms.


night sky from the water.


the new cooper river bridge from the water.

I can't wait to get back down to good ole SC. 

In the mean time, "No matter what state I'm in, I'm in a southern state of mind." (Darius Rucker)

-JB


No comments:

Post a Comment