Thursday, June 2, 2011

All of the beautiful things in life...

Life is so beautiful.  Last week I started walking each day.  I've now committed to making sure my life adjusts to being more healthy and active.  If you've thought about getting more active and watching what you eat, check it out, it might motivate you!  You can find this blog at http://plateondisplay.wordpress.com/

Today while I was walking, I saw something amazing... a robin's egg laying on the road.  The egg was unhatched, unharmed, and alone.  First of all, I have no idea how it got there.  The only thing that really seems to make any sense is that the bird laid in there.  But why would a bird do that?  I don't know... so I'm throwing this one out there to all of my readers... what are your thoughts?

My walks and the quiet time I spend outside has gotten me so in touch with nature and my beautiful and holy God.  I do three miles each time, and when I started the routine, I meant it simply as a way to get in shape.  I'm facing the fact that my metabolism isn't what it used to be, and if I want to run a marathon someday, I've got some work to do!  But more importantly, it's been really good for my soul. 

The weather is beautiful, and if you mostly spend your time indoors, I hope you will switch things up and head outside.  Chances are you will be pleasantly surprised!

How have you all been lately? 

-JB

No comments:

Post a Comment