Saturday, June 4, 2011

Gearin' up for a SUNsational Summer!

Even though summer is about 17 days away from it's official kick-off, is has been FEELING like summer lately.  The last few days have had the perfect balance of sun, breeze, and blue skies.  This has really got me thinking about what I want to accomplish this summer.  I love to-do lists, so I find great joy in writing a Summer of '11 "Bucket List".

So this is my list of to-do's by Labor Day (which is the start of my next favorite season)!

1.  Read 6 books in their entirety.  I have a hard time sitting still and just reading, so this will be really good for me.  This means I should be reading 2 each month.  This is totally do-able.  Plus the best part of this challenge is that it strives me to keep up with my writer-husband's reading goals. 

2.  Walk 3 miles at least 5 times a week.  Lose 25 pounds.  At least. 

3.  Create our own personal cookbook. 

4.  Go to the beach and take some awesome photos!

5.  Submit my photos to at least 10 possible "publishers".

6.  Establish a successful Etsy page.

7.  Complete the Bible challenge - read the whole Bible in 90 days!

8.  Take great care of my vegetable plants and see if they can be really fruitful.

9.  Climb another mountain with the hubs.

10.  Experience the boardwalk at OC. :-D

And every day approach the journey with a smile.  I know that God has a great plan for me (and US), and I'm praying that he shows me where He wants me to be in the day to day.  He's given me an awesome husband and great life.

I will update these goals occasionally to let you know how they are going.  I'm so excited about our first married summer.  :-D

The journey has really only begun!

Have a happy Saturday!

-JB

Currently Reading:  "Fearless" by Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment