Thursday, June 9, 2011

Real dreams vs. Pipe dreams

How do we know how to differentiate our "pipe dreams" from the dreams we were made to have - dreams that we should be doing our all to see succeed?  I honestly don't know the difference, and it's starting to become a point of contention within me.  Sometimes I think it's easy to tell the difference.  For example - dreaming of having my photographs published and sold - possible dream... dreaming of having a cafe in a small beach town where I can sell and do photography - pipe dream.  So what is the difference here? 

The idea of having a small business is so enticing to me.  But how do you get started?  I think I look at my "loves" and see doing them on the side a real dream, and doing them full time a pipe dream.  Some of you know that I've had some long term time off recently.  And I have been having a hard time finding a new career that is a good fit for me.  I thought I had finally found it, and today I got a phone call letting me know that even though my interview was great, they had to fill it internally.  Hmph.

I see each and every season in life as a gift from God.  Every season, no matter how sunny, snowy, or treacherous, has a purpose for us.  So today (after I realized I was back to the drawing board) I got this strong feeling that there was something I was supposed to be realizing.  And I have no idea what it is.  But I do feel like right now, God wants me to be using this time to be launching the part of my dreams that could someday become something big.  I'll say it again, what that looks like, I'm not really sure.  So if you think about it, say a prayer for me.  It's on my heart that there's something I'm supposed to be learning, but I'm still in the "waiting" phase. 

As for me, I will now dream of another small business of sorts.  Tomorrow I'm having a pretty big yard sale.  There's going to be tons of stuff - Barbies, a vacuum, some clothes, some house goods, and so many other things!  We're going to be selling this bed too - so if you know anyone that needs a twin bed, contact me and I'll let you know where I'll be. 
Gnight - the hubs is telling me I should sleep cause I'm getting up at 5:30, and he's right.

-JB

No comments:

Post a Comment