Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Intricacies of life...

Happy Tuesday!

Today got off to a pretty great start for the week.  I got a great work out in right off the bat this morning, and then I got to work on my crafts.  I think tomorrow is going to be the day for the Etsy.com launch (finally)!! Woohoo!

I love knowing that I'm getting closer and closer to my goals.  And I think that the little things in life are often my motivators - the things that make me smile are the things that keep me going.  For example, right now, whenever I open up my laptop, this is what greets me:

How can you look at that and not smile?  And what makes it even sweeter for me is knowing that at the moment the picture was taken he was trying with all his might to take the camera from me so he could play with it.  :)  When he realized he wasn't going to get the camera, he settled for being happy and entertaining me.

Kids are great. (Don't worry, we're still not ready to have any, lol) They are so intricate and unique.  We have two nephews, and they are different as night and day.  It amazes me all of the awesome details that go in to each of us as individuals. 

Today while I was painting, it hit me that the same amount of detail and care goes in to each flower. 

I spend a lot of time photographing flowers, and now I find a lot of joy in painting them as well.  I was getting a little frustrated because I felt like it wasn't turning out exactly how I wanted, but then I realized that might make it more realistic.  Flowers are all different (and unique and beautiful)!!!

Have a beautiful Wednesday!

-JB

Currently reading: SELF (yes, a magazine) :)
Currently listening to: Lee Ann Womack -"There is a God"

No comments:

Post a Comment