Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ikea and back - where our home (and life) are going!

On Saturday, my hubby and I took a long awaited trip to IKEA in College Park, Maryland.  If you've never gone to IKEA, I hope you will find one near you and go (or at least click on this link to see what it's all about)!  It's really fun to walk through each room they have set up.  You get plenty of ideas to take along with you to your own home, plus whatever goodies you find you can't live without.  Today these goodies for me were some frames, a crafting tray, and an awesome new pot for my beautiful calla lily (whom I have affectionately name Caly) because she has outgrown her old home.

Even though I found all of these wonderful pieces for me, the real reason for the trip was to buy a desk for the hubs.  He is a writer, and since we moved, we hadn't yet bought the perfect furniture for his office.  He had decided on a desk from IKEA last time we were there, but we were traveling and didn't have room to haul it.  We decided we would buy it online once we were home and have it shipped to us, but the shipping was $349.00!  So needless to say, we weren't paying more for the shipping than the desk itself cost, so we embarked on the endeavor to retrieve the desk ourselves.  By the time we made it to the check out line, our cart was full!
I can't wait to show you the transformation of our spare bedroom into his office!  HGTV is my favorite channel, and one of my greatest passions in life is design (whether in photography, scrapbooking, beadwork, stamping, or painting).  So it is so exciting for me to know that I'm going to be doing some room design, but it is the hubbys's office.  The room will have to be super functional for him and fit his style and tastes.  A great and exciting challenge! (don't worry, we've designated plenty of space to my craft work!)

As we clean out the room, we are going to have to move this super awesome bed out.  A double papasan will be taking its place.  If you know anyone in the area that is in need of a nice twin bed and nearly new mattress, let me know!  I'm going to be selling it at a yard sale this weekend, and I would love for it to have a great new home.


If you were following along with PlateOnDisplay (my healthy eating blog that I have discontinued), you know that today is Weigh-in Wednesday.  Just because the blog has ended, doesn't mean that my weight-loss journey is stalling or stopping.  So today I will report that in the last week (June 1-8) I lost 4.5 pounds.  Today you will see that I am still keeping track of my calories at the bottom of the blog, and if you are interested in the detailed synopsis of my food journal, let me know (because it still exists).

I hope you are all having a terrific day!

-JB

total calories for the day: 720 calories as of 5 o'clock
exercise for the day: 1.5 miles (hey, it was hot!) + another walk after dinner
what we're having for supper: turkey burgers, homemade sweet potato fries, and a veggie
what I'm reading: Folly Beach by Karen White
weight loss progress (remember I only weigh in on Wednesdays): 4.5 lbs of 25 lb goal - (18% there)

No comments:

Post a Comment